Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TOYOTA HILUX 2.4 DIESEL ENGINE ?

I have a Hilux mk3 (1988 - 1997) non-turbo diesel engine for sale. It would also be suitable for a mk4 2wd non-turbo pickup as long as a mk4 sump was fitted. It is as photographed and does not have the starter motor, alternator or timing cover but comes with flywheel, injector pump, manifold and engine mounts. I do not know what mileage it has covered but looking at the timing belt and the sticker on the rocker cover I would guess that it has done approximately 140,000 miles. Appears to have had two timing belts and currently has a Toyota oil filter so I think it had been well maintained. I have never heard it running as I bought it with the intention of fitting it to my mk4 td pickup but discovered that the non-turbo engines do not have an oil return in the block from the turbo. Sold as seen,no warranty implied or given for this reason.